Thomas Elliott and Co.’s landscape design and architecture can plan and design your outdoor spaces, using elements such as plants, water features, lighting, hardscaping, and other natural and artificial materials to create a functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor environment. Our goal in landscape design is to create a beautiful, functional, and sustainable outdoor space. We consider the natural environment, climate, topography, soil conditions, and existing structures. Our landscape architecture team begins with site analysis, conceptual design, detailed design, construction documentation, and project management. Good landscape design has many benefits, such as enhancing the quality of life, increasing property value, improving the environment, and promoting biodiversity. It can also provide opportunities for outdoor activities, such as gardening, recreation, and socializing, and help to create a sense of community and connection with nature.
THOMAS ELLIOTT & CO. provides exceptional Landscape Design, Landscape Architecture, Patios & Masonry, Outdoor Kitchens, and Garden Design to serve Nassau county including, Glen Cove, and the north shore of Long Island.
Our garden design team can plan and create a functional, visually appealing outdoor space that suits your needs and preferences. It involves several elements, such as plant selection, hardscaping, lighting, and irrigation.
Here are some steps we consider when designing your garden:
- Determine the purpose of the garden: Decide if the garden will be used for entertaining, relaxation, or growing plants.
- Consider the site: Consider the garden’s location, the sunlight it receives, soil type, and any existing structures or plants.
- Plan the layout: Decide on the shape and size of the garden, and create a rough sketch or plan.
- Choose plants: Select plants that are suitable for the site conditions and that will thrive in the climate. Consider factors like color, texture, and bloom time.
- Add hardscaping: Consider adding paths, patios, walls, or other structures to enhance the design and provide functional areas within the garden.
- Add lighting: Lighting can create a dramatic effect in the garden and provide safety and security.
- Install irrigation: Ensure the plants receive sufficient water with an irrigation system suited to the garden’s needs.
- Maintain the garden: Regular maintenance is necessary to keep the garden looking its best. This includes watering, pruning, weeding, and fertilizing.
Garden design is a creative process with no hard and fast rules. The most important thing is to create a space that reflects your personality and meets your needs.
Bellport, New York